The secret to a successful week : Sunday Nights
I will dominate this week.
Its Sunday night and most people are laying around dreading the clock to wind down to the dreaded monday. Honestly, I wanna slap the shit out of those people. This is your chance to better yourself. This is your chance to become something more… Monday is the best day of the week. It brings a new energy. It brings a new opportunity. Take this time to amp yourself up for the excitement that is your life. Get excited for the new ventures and experiences that you are about to embark on. #StartItUP
So heres the secret: Cut out 20 minutes every sunday to relax, unwind, and lay out what your goals are for the week. Plan out what you will accomplish. Get your favorite pen and paper and write out your ambitions, goals, and aspiration. I will Dominate this week. Focus on the positive. What does your schedule look like? What do you have to be excited about? What new exercise are you going to try in the gym? how many bunches of brocoli will you eat this week? How large will your sweat stain be on your shirt? have fun with it/
Bottom line “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.” Set yourself up for success this week. You will not be disappointed. Think you can’t? think again. I will dominate this week.
Challenge: I challenge you to to see the sunrise this week.
Energy. Power. Focus.
- Joe Burch
This will have you walking around like mighty mouse. #RealTalk
The Work Out:
Always start with a 5-10 minute warm up. Try an exercise you have never tried before. Then throw in some head phones, Bump your favorite music, and envision yourself as you want to be. FOCUS on your training to the point where it’s just you and the weights. Get in your Zone, dance a little bit, and dont forget to smile. Your about to better yourself mentally and physically. #ItYourTime
1. Dead Lift. 4×8
2. Reverse Grid Barbell Rows/ Regular Barbell Rows. 5×8 (warm up + 2 sets of each)
- #SS (SuperSet) One Armed Dumbbell Rows (Thats 8 Supersets, 4 each side #GetIt)
3. Pull Ups. 4×8
- #SS (SuperSet) Lat Pull Downs
4. Seated Cable Row.
- #DS (DropSet) Seated Cable Rows
- Dumbbell Shrugs. 8 reps
- Upright Rows. 8 Reps
- One armed shrugs with 45lb plate. One side at a time. 8 reps each side.
What is a DropSet?
A DropSet is after the last rep of your exercise at heavy weight, you immediately drop the weight and do another set with as little time in between sets as it takes to drop the weight.
What is Circuit Training?
Circuit training is a method of physical conditioning in which you move from one exercise to another, in a series of different exercises performed with minimal rest. It’s one after the other after the other. #INTENSITY
Form. Form. Form. Form is so crucial here guys. Check your ego and start out light. Get the proper form and feel the muscles working as you are lifting. Keep your back straight, stick your ass out, and Do it it right. After you get your form down, then comes the fun part, adding weight. This is the one exercise, above all else, that makes me feel like a complete beast! This will take every ounce of strength in your body. When you set that weight down you WILL be walking a little taller. #TheFewTheFit
FOCUS = INTENSITY
Beast it out today guys!
Formula for the Perfect Pump. #SWOLL
The Work Out:
Warm up for 5-10 Mins. lift light weights with hight reps to get the blood flowing. Get creative and have fun with it. This is your time to focus and get in the zone. Mentally prepare for what you are about to put your body through. Bring the Intensity. T\Also, this is your opportunity to perfect your form on any exercise you are looking to improve.
Now it’s time to get after it! Always start with your compound lifts to build the overall mass. We will Target all 4 main areas of your pecs. ( Upper, Lower, Middle, & The Cleavage)
1. Incline Dumbbell Press. 4×8
- SuperSet Incline Cross Overs 3×12
2. Decline Dumbbell Press. 4×8
- SuperSet Decline Cross Overs 3×12
3. Flat Bench 3xFailure
4. Favorite Chest work out 3×10. (I do medecine ball push ups. #BeastMode)
-#SWOLL Baby! If your chest isn’t pumped up you need to up the intensity. At this point your should be dripping with sweat and your shirt should have a mad sweat stain going. That is Success. #ThatNaturalHigh
-Then I do 20 minutes of intense cardio to Top it off. Pumped up and Dripping with Sweat. There truly is no better way to start a day. #TheDefiningFactor. Define Your Future.
Let me break 4×8 down for you. Thats 4 sets of 8 Reps. This is what that means:
1st Set- Half the weight focus on perfecting your form to gear up for the real weight. (Warm Up)
2nd Set- Bring on the Heavy weight. Push yourself. The 8th rep should be hard but attainable.
3rd Set- Focus on the muscle your working. You should have to push yourself to get that 8th rep.
4th Set- You should have to fight like hell to get that 8th rep. Im talking arms shaking, exhaling hard, bringing intensity to the next level. If you dont feel like a beast when you put that weight down you didnt got hard enough. #UpTheWeight
- It’s one exercise right after the other.
- Set up your superset exercise before you start.
- For Example, right after you drop the dumbbells on your incline press RUN to Your Cross overs. Perform these with light weight. Its about focusing on the muscle and tearing them up. So its Dumbbells, Cross Overs, Dumbbells, Cross Over… Alternating.
What exercise is targeting wich areas of the Pec?
- Incline Dumbbell Press – Upper Pecs (I)
- Incline Cross Overs – Cleavage and Upper (IV,I)
- Decline Dumbbell Press – Lower Pecs (III)
- Decline Cross Overs – Cleavage and Lower (IV,III)
- Flat Bench – Middle (II)
- Medecine Ball Push Ups – (Cleavage)
Key To Diagram to right:
- I -Upper Pecs
- II- Mid Pecs
- III- Lower Pecs
- IV- That Cleavage (Inner)
Enjoy that Natural High and Energy for Life. You Earned it. Become the Person you want to be.
If you have any questions let me know.
I would love your feedback.
“The future isn’t a place where we get to go… Its a place Your going to create.”
This week starting Feb. 27 I will be posting my training in detail to give you an inside look at how to obtain an Aesthetic physique. Stay tuned for the training routine in detail. This is what I do BABY!
An Outline for the Posts this Week:
- Feb. 27th Monday – TITS (Chest)
- Feb. 28th Tuesday- BACK
- Feb 29th Wednesday- SHOULDERS
- Mar.Thursday – ARMS
- Friday- LEGS
Lets Get it Going Guys!
- Joe Burch
Occupation: Model / Personal Trainer
Mission: To redefining the fitness industry to concentrate on natural Aesthetics, emphasizing the role of the mind.
Vision: To help people use fitness as a tool to build confidence and give them motivation to live their dreams
The hard work, dedication, and drive it takes to transform your body teaches so much more than just fitness. Its about creating the mindset of success to have the confidence to chase your true passion in life. Go all in. I created this site to give you an inside look on the training, nutrition, and most importantly the mindset of success of a model and personal trainer.
“All It Takes…Is All You Got”
–Joe Voynovich Burch
Quick. Easy. Healthy.
I live for these. Try them and you will be hooked
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites or 6 Egg Whites
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder (I use vanilla, or Cake Batter by Optimum Nutrition)
- 1/2 Cup Quaker Quick Oats
- Garnish with Strawberries, throw some blueberries in them, or top ‘em with Bananas cinnamon and a little sugar free syrup to cure your sweet tooth. Its SO MONEY!
- Play around with it and perfect your perfect pancake. Sometimes ill throw a little water in the batter too to make it look like there is more there.
- For a little extra nutrients throw some ground flax seeds in them to pack an extra punch to finish off the PFC (Protein, Fats, Carbs) To get all your Macro Nutrients in.
- The possibilities really are endless guys. Have fun with it.
- Who ever says eating healthy doesn’t taste good doesn’t know how to cook.
Let me know if you have and question, or better yet post some feedback.